Skip to content
- 2-5 February, 2019, on the initiative of the emerging Miasto Chorzów Foundation, it hosted the deputy director of Univesity Teaching Hospital in Kigali – Dr. Martin Nyundo, who signed a cooperation agreement with the Municipal Hospital Complex in Chorzów.
- 24 March, 2019, we participated in the ‘Medics for Africa’ conference organized at the Medical University in Warsaw, where Bartłomiej Osadnik gave a lecture.
- 8 – 19 April, 2019 on the initiative of Bartłomiej Osadnik SPZOZ Municipal Hospital Complex
in Chorzów he organized a 2-week internship for Dr. Jean Claude Byiringiro in the Orthopedics Department.
- 15 April, 2019, together with the Scientific Society of PMP and EP “Ius Centium” and the Department of International Public Law and European Law of the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Silesia, we organized a meeting entitled “Humanitarian and migration crisis in Africa – Rwanda’s experiences” – where Dr. Jean Claude Byiringiro gave a lecture.
- 2-3 May, 2019 during their stay in Rwanda, representatives of the Foundation signed a cooperation agreement with Univesity Teaching Hospital and donated orthopedic equipment for Univesity Teaching Hospital in Kigali and anesthesiological equipment for Center Orthopedique Sainte Marie in Rilima (ultrasound apparatus, air concentrator, orthopedic screws).
- 2-3 May, 2019 a representative of the Foundation – Jarosław Kurak, MD, organized
and conducted anesthesiology training for doctors from Rwanda at the Center Orthopedique Sainte Marie in Rilima.
- We participated in the European Economic Congress, where on 13.05.2019 a representative of the Foundation Council – Dr. Anna Masłoń – Oracz led the Forum Africa – Central Europe, ICT / HEALTH panel.
- 30 June, 2019 The Foundation has signed a contract with Center Orthopedique Sainte Marie with Rilima, hosting the hospital director of Dr. Albert Nzayiseng in Chorzów.
- 11-16 September, 2019, representatives of the Foundation were in Kigali, where they conducted anesthesia training under the patronage of the European Society of Regional Anesthesiology at Univesity Teaching Hospital. The foundation also donated medical equipment to the University Teaching Hospital of Kigali: 1,158 plates for osteosynthesis, 2,481 screws for osteosynthesis and 26 screwdrivers
- 21 October, 2019 the Foundation guest was Dr. Mary Banihash from New York, who conducted a training promoting osteopathy at the Municipal Hospital Complex in Chorzów.
- 12 December, 2019 the MIODEK theater group from MDK in Chorzów organized a collection of funds for the treatment of Seraphine for the Foundation.
- 30.12.2019-03.01.2020 – Dr. Bartłomiej Osadnik conducted three procedures at the University Hospital in Rwanda, which began a two-year training in the field of total knee arthroplasty.
- 30 December, 2019 equipment for performing knee arthroplasty worth EUR 5,000 was donated to the University Hospital in Rwanda.